Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cheese and garlic bread

I hate processed things. You will never find any ready made sauces or packets of just add boiling water in my cupboard, but there is one recipe which uses processed cheese spread, that I do make.  Since I can remember my mom makes this garlic bread and people always enjoy it when I make it.  Since certain people in my household despises garlic, I am not allowed to add it, but even without the garlic it is still very moorish.
Serve it at your next braai, as a pre-dinner snack or even with soup.

125g butter, at room temperature
1 jar cheddar cheese spread (225g)
50ml dry sherry
25ml fresh parsley, chopped
fresh garlic, finely chopped, to taste
1 baguette or ciabatta

Blend all the ingredients (except the bread).  Slice the bread into 2 - 3 cm thick slices.  Spread each slice with the cheese mixture and form into a loaf again.  Wrap tightly in foil, shiny side inside.   Bake at 150 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leon-Ben se ma maak ook hierdie brood, maar minus die pietersielie en knoffel en met BAIE Aromat. Sy maak sommer twee franse brode op 'n slag om 'n vuisgeveg te voorkom.

Hy karring gedurig in my ore dat ons dit moet maak wanneer ons braai. Pasop, nou gaan hy in joune ook begin kerm;-)

Cake Knife