Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lemony baby marrow ribbons

I think it is a real shame if you boil baby morrows.  I almost always eat them raw, and actually prefer them above cucumber in a green salad.  But my new best way with them is to marinate them in lemon juice and olive oil - lovely!  You need to make this salad at least 2 hours in advance.

6 - 8 baby marrows, thinly sliced into ribbons  (a peeler works well)
juice and zest of 1 lemon
100ml good quality olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 round of peppered feta cheese

Whisk together the lemon juice, zest and oil and season.  Toss the baby marrow in the dressing and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.  Add the crumbled feta before serving. 
This salad goes well with grilled chicken or fish.
Next time I make this, I am going to add some chopped green olives, I'm sure that will make it even more delicious!

No comments:

Cake Knife