Thursday, April 14, 2011

Marinated Mushrooms

I found yet another reason to always have some of my cider vinegar dressing at hand. These mushrooms are great as an appetiser or served alongside bread and cheese as a ploughman's lunch.

Fill a screw top jar with cleaned mushrooms.  250g of mushrooms will fill a 500ml jar.  If using button mushrooms, leave them whole or if using larger brown or portabellini mushrooms, slice them into quarters.  Add some salad dressing to fill about a third of the jar.  Now marinate the mushrooms for at least 8 hours, turning the jar upside down once in a while.  When ready to serve, add some finely chopped peppers, red chilli, red onion and fresh herbs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good, must try this one, need to find something, were I can use this and the mustard dressing.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Tried your recipe, I used the mushrooms, added "6" hot pickled chillies from a jar, and used an Italian Dressing, which made them a bit to oily, I added some cider vinegar when everything was emptied into the bowl for eating. Next time I will add onions and green herbs, but thanks for posting this, its a great snack.

Cake Knife